Christmas is so much more than gifts and turkey.
It’s a wonderful time to relax, reconnect properly with your friends and family and to reflect on your business and your role within it.
The year goes quickly, and we often get so engrossed in the business, it’s hard to ensure we’re getting the most out of it and our team.
Whether you’re a fan of the original 1780 version of 12 Days of Christmas published in Mirth without Mischief, or the 1909 Austin version, I’m sure we can all agree that the recipient gets a heck of a lot from their “true love!”
As TAB members, we want to help you get everything you want from your business (maybe your “true love”) in 2022.
So here’s my 12 tips of “Boostmas”:
- Re-visit your “why” – It was crystal clear when you started your business but is it quite so clear now? Do your staff understand and agree with it? Do your customers and suppliers know it?
- What do you want? What is your Personal Vision and what do you need to change in the way that you work to move closer to achieving it?
- What are the 3 things you need to achieve in 2022 to have a successful year? Keep it to 3 Critical Success Factors so you can stay focused and easily communicate them to the team.
- Get to know your team. Do you know their Personal Vision? How can you help them achieve their Vision? Imagine how motivated your staff would be if you did.
- How can you engage as a team in the hybrid working style that may be with us going forward? Have you asked them?
- How do you and your management team adapt your leadership style to reflect the hybrid working style?
- Are you looking to recruit from within when you can? You already know they share your culture.
- Recruit before you think you need to. It’s like being thirsty…..if you feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated.
- Be clear on your business pulse….the one simple measure that tells you you’re on track. Track it religiously.
- Reward yourself (and your team) regularly. We spend too much time beating ourselves up for not achieving fast enough and forget to reward ourselves when we do deliver.
- Share your plans with your team. They will care more if you do.
- ENJOY IT. The most important part. How will you enjoy 2022 more than 2021?
Take a moment to reflect over the festive season and take some time for you and the ones you love.